Picnic at the Pops! FAQs
To help ensure our guests have the best experience possible, we’ve assembled a list of frequently asked questions. Please see below – and don’t hesitate to reach out to Modesto Symphony with any further questions you may have regarding Picnic at the Pops! Call 209.523.4156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets are available online, at the Gallo Center Box Office or pick them up while you're out and about from our ticket outlets.
Picnic at the Pops! Ticket Outlets
-2110 College Ave, Modesto
O'Brien's Markets (all 3 locations!)
-4120 Dale Rd, Modesto
-839 W. Roseburg Ave, Modesto
-6331 Oakdale Rd, Riverbank
-McHenry Village, 1700 McHenry Ave., Suite 29B, Modesto
The Reserved Section is a roped-off area directly in front of the stage that provides a bit more room to spread out (due to the fixed number of tickets sold) as well as a more direct view of the orchestra and performers. The General Section is first-come, first-served on the lawn outside the roped-off area.
General - $12 (ages 4-17; under 3 is free)
Reserved - $20 (ages 4-17; under 3 is free)
Grounds open at 4:00pm for patrons to setup their picnic areas. The setup policy will be strictly enforced. The concert begins at 7:30pm and runs for approximately two hours with a 20-minute intermission.
Parking is available on the grounds. Please have your event ticket ready to present to parking security upon arrival to enter the parking lots. If you purchased a Premiere Parking Pass, please follow the directions on the back of the parking pass or call 209.523.4156 for more information.
There are three General parking entrances:
Yosemite Blvd. & Santa Rosa Ave.
Yosemite Blvd. & Santa Rita Ave.
Yosemite Blvd. & Santa Cruz Ave.
Disabled Person Parking (with a state issued placard/plate) is located at Yosemite Blvd. & Morton Drive – then turn left onto Grand Street and follow the signs
Parking attendants will direct your to the closest parking lot.
Plan on taking an event shuttle or walking up to 3/4 mile from the parking lot to the concert site.
Yes – we encourage it! There are designated drop-off and pickup zones at the Winery to accommodate ridesharing. Parking attendants will be available to assist you as you enter and exit the grounds.
You are welcome to pack a picnic and eat on the premises – please remember: no alcohol and no grills. Not in the mood to pack a picnic? We have the authorized caterers below that you may call directly and pre-arrange a catered meal for the evening. Pre-ordered meals will be brought to the grounds for easy pickup.
Food ordering dates and contact information will be available soon.
- Low-sand chairs
- Cooler (for food and non-alcoholic drinks)
- Golden rule: be considerate of others. We want everyone to enjoy the concert and experience.
These items are prohibited:
- Alcohol. Your bags and personal items will be searched for alcohol before entering the grounds and confiscated. Wine and an assortment of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase once inside the venue, with all sales benefiting Modesto Symphony Orchestra.
- Video and audio recording equipment
- Grills or other cooking devices
- Smoking is prohibited on the lawn area. Please see the info table for designated smoking area on the grounds.
- When traveling between the general parking lot and the lawn area please remain on the walking path at all times. The adjacent cart path must remain clear at all times for event security and staff.
Connect with us on social media and be sure you're subscribed to our Email list for all the latest info as the event nears.