MSO ANNOUNCES VIOLIN AUDITIONS FOR
THE BACH DOUBLE COMPETITION!
In honor of our 85th anniversary season the Modesto Symphony is going back to its roots. In 1931, the MSO was formed as community orchestra aimed at enriching the lives of the people in our region. To mark this milestone the MSO is hosting a community violin competition open to violinists 10 years and older. Eight lucky violinists will be selected to perform side by side with the MSO during our February 2016 Bach Double Violin Concerto concert. The finalists not only get an opportunity to perform on the Gallo Center stage, but they will also get to participate in one on one clinics with Maestro David Lockington and our Principal 2nd Violinist Myriam Cottin-Rack.
TO START THE AUDITION PROCESS FOLLOW THESE FIVE EASY STEPS:
- Step 1. Click here to download the competition audition music.
- Step 2. Practice, Practice, Practice!
- Step 3. Record yourself unaccompanied, performing on an acoustic violin either the violin 1 or violin 2 part of Bach’s Double Violin Concerto, 1st movement. Tempo of submitted audition must be at quarter note = 108 or faster. Video should be continuous, one take-non edited.
- Step 4. Submit your completed application, $25application fee and link to your online audition video to Modesto Symphony no later than September 15, 2015. Completed applications may be dropped off at the Symphony office or emailed to Ryan McGavin, Operations Manager at email@example.com.
- Step 5. Sit patiently until Friday, September 18, 2015 at which, all contest participants will be notified.
For any other questions or inquiries, please contact, Ryan McGavin, Operations Manager, Modesto Symphony Orchestra.